Saturday, June 13, 2015

My Hair Care Regimen

Now don't get me wrong, I am NO expert. Hair care is definitely a process and I don't have it all figured out. What works for one person doesn't always work for the next... So here is my hair care regimen, I won't mention any products but maybe I will share some of my favorites soon.

Daily:
MOISTURIZE
I use the LOC method which stands for Liquid, Oil, Cream.
For Liquid you can use water, or a water-based leave in.
Oil I prefer my own home made oil mixture, but you can use olive oil, coconut oil, or any other oil you prefer. (Coconut and Olive oil's are the most penetrating.
Cream would be your styler, there are so many different kinds out there, so use which ever works best for you.

Weekly:
Co Wash (every 4 days for me)
Style (as needed)
I try to style once every 3 days, if I wear a bun it can last longer. The key is to keep your hands out of your hair as much as possible. Also be sure to sleep with a Satin scarf, bonnet, or pillow case to ensure that your hair isn't being harmed in your sleep (and for less frizz (: )

BI - Weekly:
Shampoo
Deep Condition
If you feel that you need to shampoo more often, that's fine. This is just what works for me,
I use a homemade DC that I will be sure to share the recipe of soon. :)

Use heat sparingly. Right now I'm on a no scissors / heat challenge until May 2016.
This challenge also calls for me to deep condition weekly. Trim split ends as needed, no one can tell you it's too early to trim your ends. Anything else you want to know, drop it in the comments..

Until Next Time
-Khy

No comments:

Post a Comment